Master of Science in Early Childhood/Teaching & Diversity
Bachelor of Arts/English Literature
SUNY New Paltz
Greater Bergen Community Action Inc. Sept. 2018-Present
Educational manager at the school and responsible for ensuring that the center runs smoothly daily providing key support to the entire education staff on site.
- Coordinated, supervised, and managed all substitute teachers and class coverages.
- Responsible for end of year educational teaching evaluations of all teaching assistants.
- Assisted in designing and implanting Individualized Education Programs (IEP) and Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSP)
- Designed, planned, and presented parent workshops on literacy, school curriculum, and positive discipline.
- Presented educational training and workshops to educational staff i.e. math, fine motor skills, positive discipline.
- Conducted monthly staff meetings with teachers and all school staff.
- Coached and supported all teachers with lesson plans, curriculum planning, classroom management, positive discipline, and educational assessments.
- Managed all teaching reports including home visits, parent conferences, and class assessments.
- Reported all staff absences to the Associate Director of Education and Site Operations Supervisor.
- Responsible for all Accidental reports and related procedures.
- Established and maintained a harmonious relationship with fellow staff members, parents, and administration to ensure effective servicing and educational programming.
Early Childhood Preschool Teacher
Greater Bergen Community Action Inc Sept.2014-present
Adhere to the educational philosophy and mandates if Head Start and Early Head Start as outlined in performance standards, licensing requirements, and NJ Early Childhood learning standards.
- Created a learning community in which individual differences are respected.
- Designed developmentally appropriate learning and student-led experiences making the subject matter accessible and meaningful to all students.
- Conducted Early Screening Inventory and other assessments for each child.
- Responsible for all mandated creative curriculum documentation for students including accurate weekly anecdotal records on each child and written evaluations of each child’s development through teaching strategies gold.
- Responsible for the health and safety of 20 preschool children ages 3-5.
- Prepared weekly lesson plans and study units with assessment-driven data in order to meet the individual developmental needs of the students.
- Conducted home visits to ensure family engagement and create family partnerships.
- Conducted parent conferences to share information and discuss each child’s progress.
- Shared information with parent and plans, as a team. Strategies for meeting the individual needs of each child.
- Participated as active, responsible members of the professional community and engaging in reflective practices establishing collegial relationships to enhance professional teaching growth.
HS English Language Arts Teacher
New York City Department of Education September 2001 – June 2009
English teacher for 6th grade, 9th-grade honors, and 11th grade Regents classes.
- Lesson plan/Curriculum Development
- Classroom Management
- Early Childhood Instructional Coaching
- Culturally Responsive Instruction & Culturally Relevant Pedagogy
- CLASS Observer certified
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Creative Curriculum & Teaching Strategies
- Parent Communication/Engagement
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Electronic Presentation
- Social Media
- E-mail Management
- Digital Camera
- Google Classroom
- Google Doc Suite
- Smart Board
CE in P3 in progress
CLASS Observer Certified 2019
Practice-Based Coach 2019
National Association of Young Children
2014 – Present
National Education Association
National Association for Multicultural Education 2012-present